About MEI Pharma
MEI Pharma Inc. is San Diego-based oncology company focused on the clinical development of novel therapies for cancer. We process personal data in different contexts and we do so by respecting your privacy, as part of our unwavering commitment to ethical and responsible practices. We process personal data collected through our website (“Website”), we also gather personal data for marketing purposes, and for conducting our day-to-day business, including clinical trials.
MEI Pharma, Inc.
3611 Valley Centre Drive, Suite 500
San Diego, CA 92130
About this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand what information we gather from you when you visit our website (“Website”) or interact with us, and what we do with that information.
Personal Data We Collect
Personal data as used herein means all information that can directly or indirectly identify you or other individuals. We collect different types of personal data depending on the context of your interactions with MEI Pharma.
MEI Pharma collects the following types of personal data:
- Personal data from job applicants: when you apply for a job posting with MEI Pharma, information collected includes your contact details, resume, employment history and other information that you submit for our consideration.
- Personal data from health care professionals, researchers and personnel from Clinical Research Organizations and our vendors: we collect personal data from the different entities and professionals that participate on the studies or clinical trials that we sponsor, including their contact details and qualifications or resumes.
- Personal data collected from public sources: including from internet sites such as clinicaltrials.gov to ensure we conduct the proper due diligence on professionals, physicians, etc. for purposes of clinical trials.
- Other personal data provided directly by you: we collect your contact details if you request information or submit questions to us, including other personal data that you decide to share with us.
Use of Personal Data
The purposes for which we collect and use your personal data varies depending on the type of relationship you have with us, such as if you are a Website user or applying for an open job position.
We will use your personal data:
- for our everyday business purposes, including recruitment practices and notices of any legal updates;
- to provide you with requested information;
- to operate the Website, and to analyze it for trends and statistics; for additional information see our Cookies Policy;
- to provide company informational materials and content, as well as other communications that may include invitations to events hosted or sponsored by MEI Pharma.
- To identify clinical trial subjects and investigators and conducting clinical trial and research activities;
- To comply with laws and regulations, including court orders, or in the course of litigation or defense from legal claims;
- To protect the rights, property or safety of MEI Pharma, or any of our respective business partners, or other third parties in accordance with Data Privacy Laws;
- To cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting users who violate our rules or engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to other users, including suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person;
- To share your personal data with other uses that you specifically authorize us based on your consent.
Disclosure of Personal Data
At times, MEI Pharma engages third party contractors or service providers to help us accomplish our business objectives. There are other circumstances where we are required by law to disclose personal data to third parties such as public bodies or judicial authorities.
Disclosures to Third Parties Assisting in Our Operations. We engage with contractors and service providers for the following services: email solutions, providing cloud hosting services, analyzing data and usage of the Website, or providing support and maintenance services for the Website, as well as agents, legal, regulatory, audit and other professional and business advisors. Such recipients may be located in the United States (US) or in other jurisdictions such as the European Economic Area (EEA) or Asia Pacific. If the engagement involves the transmission of personal data, we require the service provider to sign a data processing agreement consistent with this notice before any data is disclosed. These companies do not have any independent right to share or use this information.
Disclosures required by law. We may provide information about you, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, search warrants, legal processes or governmental regulations or inquiries, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Other Parties with Your Consent or at Your Direction. In addition to the disclosures described in this Privacy Notice, we may share information about you with third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
Business Transfers. We may share your personal data with another business entity in connection with the sale, assignment, merger or other transfer of all or a portion of MEI Pharma’s business to such business entity.