MEI Pharma's staff is a team of friendly, dedicated, experienced and collaborative professionals committed to the hard work that supports our company's aggressive goals and to the workplace values that promote our success.
Our workplace values include:
- Shared commitement to excellence and collaboration across functions
- Personal accountability for consistent superior performance
- Fiscal discipline applied wisely in the use of resources
- Mutual trust and respect for individual differences
- Dedication to developing novel therapies for our patients
We are currently seeking applicants for the following open positions. If your qualifications match the job requirements, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director, Project Management
MEI Pharma, Inc. is seeking an experienced, highly motivated professional to work with the Company’s product development leadership team to support the development and life cycle management of the Company’s therapeutic products. The position will provide program management and leadership to support R&D and clinical product development activities, partnering with external collaborators as well as internal functional area groups. The candidate will be responsible for the facilitation of team meetings, management of timelines, and periodic written and oral communication. The position will drive execution of program plans as a key interface of a number of cross‐functional areas including research, manufacturing, clinical, regulatory, business development. As such, prior team leadership/project management experience with the process and stages of oncology product development from pre‐clinical to late stage development is essential. This role will also work with functional area leaders to prioritize work and ensure appropriate resourcing to deliver on project plans.
Essential/ Primary Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, direction and coordination across functional areas to drive integrated delivery of oncology development programs and associated projects
- Actively and effectively manage delivery of program goals and timelines in accordance with the program strategy
- Create and monitor project plans and timelines, and update work plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Partner with the team to proactively identify and highlight risks and issues within the project; work with the team to devise and implement effective risk mitigation strategies
- Apply project management best practices in the planning, alignment, initiation, execution, control and closing of projects
- Drive content and timing of key internal team meetings
- Hold effective meetings, track action items and deliverables. Ensure progress of projects and timely deliverables.
- Build/maintain program timelines and interdependencies
- Ensure tactical implementation plan is in alignment with business goals
- Develop tools and processes to increase efficiencies of program management and program execution
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Build and maintain strong team dynamics and morale
- Facilitate and manage team meetings
- Partner with functional area leaders on resource planning and budgetary requirements for timely completion of projects
Education and Competency Requirements:
- Required education: Bachelor/Masters degree
- Area(s) of expertise desired: Biology, Cell or Molecular Biology
- Background in drug/oncology product development
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong relationship building, communications and stakeholder management skills
- Solid understanding of product development
- Strong oral and technical/medical writing capability
- Attention to detail and ability to interact effectively with management and prioritize diverse projects for multiple disciplines
- 8‐10 years’ experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role, with direct responsibility for managing global projects
- Prior experience with NDA/MAA submissions
- Prior experience in alliance management is a plus
- Project management professional certification is desired but not essential
- High level of proficiency in MS Office software including: MS Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Project and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team‐oriented, collaborative, small company environment
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Familiarity with drug development regulations and GCP
- Ensures timely completion of tasks assigned, ensuring compliance of the team
- Ability to assess the inherent risks of a situation, their potential impact on a project and based on this information; independently make timely decisions
- Demonstrated capabilities and proven track record of problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated team player willing to work and collaborate cross‐functionally
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, handling, feeling with hands, reaching with arms.
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
- Routine office duties including computer keyboard use and some lifting of light‐weight office equipment and files as needed.
- Vision requirements include: close vision and ability to focus.
- Noise conditions range from quiet to moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
MEI Pharma, Inc.'s policy is to provide equal opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, national ancestry, sex, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
The recruitment and employment process at MEI Pharma, Inc. is managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department with all candidates applying directly in this manner. The company does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from qualified candidates and only for current open positions.